дополнительные материалы - см. P0529
Richard wears mixed mail and plate, with cyclas, feet on beast, shield on left arm with the arms of Delabere (Azure, a bend argent, t2 cottises and 6 martlets) Margaret wears a wimple and sideless gown Richard is in mixed mail and plate armour with cyclas and shield with the arms of Delabere on the left arm (Azure, a bend argent, t2 cottises and 6 martlets) feet on beast; Sybil wears a wimple and long gown with tight sleeves,
Richard was the son of Richard De la Bere d1320 and Sybil de Harley (Link)
Richard, was MP for Oxfordshire, he is known to have collected the lay subsidy tax in Shiplake . In 1318 he was appointed Sheriff of Berkshire, and was again MP for Oxfordshire in 1325.
In the northern wall are two arches with stone monuments of couples, the man in armour, the woman in a dress and wimple. It is clear they were sculpted by the same hand and the shields held by the men bear the arms of the de la Bere family. In the northern wall are two arches with stone monuments of couples, the man in armour, the woman in a dress and wimple. It is clear they were sculpted by the same hand and the shields held by the men bear the arms of the de la Bere family. It is believed they may be Robert de la Bere (died around 1334) and his son John de la Bere (died in the mid 1340s) and their wives. The roll of Rectors shows Roger de la Bere as incumbent in 1331.
It is believed they are Robert de la Bere (d. after 1334) and his wife Margaret (Gamage), and their son John, and his wife Agnes (Turberville).
It's generally accepted that they commemorate Robert de la Bere, who died at some point after 1334, and his wife together with their son John de la Bere, who died around 1350 and who lies alongside his wife.
In the north wall of the north chapel is a recess with head stops of a King and Queen.
There are freestone effigies of a man in mixed mail and plate armour with cyclas and shield with the arms of de la Bere on the left arm, his feet on a beast; a lady with wimple and long gown with tight sleeves, circa 1320-30. This possibly is the monument of Robert de la Bere and Margaret (Gamage), his wife. In the north aisle, in the north wall, is another recess with plain segmental point arch; in front of it are free-stone effigies of a man in mixed mail and plate with cyclas, his feet on a beast and a shield on his left arm with the de la Bere arms; a lady in wimple and sideless gown, feet on a beast, circa 1340-50. This is possibly Sir John de la Bere and Agnes (Turberville), his wife. The church of St Cosmos and St Damian contains two similar tombs - a knight with his wife both dating from the 14thC. The inscriptions in the recesses have long since disappeared but are believed to be of the DelaBere family,once lords of the manor. This one is of the son John who followed his father to the grave five years after his death in 1334.
Still another family is found in Herefordshire, where Robert de Bere, in 1316, was Lord of Stratford
armes: "Azure, a bend Argent cotized Or, between 6 martlets of the same" (from north window of the great chancel of the next parish, called Dilwyn)
DE LA BERE
The family came from Kinnersley & Stretford in Herefordshire, but were Sheriffs of Berkshire and probably owned estates at Bere Place in Wargrave and Bere Court in Pangbourne. They were ancestors of the A'Bear family of Harehatch.
в этом поколении образовалась связь между семьями Turbervilles, Beres и Gamage
предполагаемая датировка обоих памятников (P0529) - 1340-1350
говорится, что родовым имением семьи был Weobley Castle в Уэльсе, отсюда похожесть на некоторые уэльсские памятники
He may have either been born at his parents home of Weobley Castle on the Gower Peninsula or at Stretford in Herefordshire
говорится, то John de la Bere (husband of Agnes Turberville) стал наследником своего дяди David De la Bere и в дальнейшем судьба этой линии была плотно связана с Weobley Castle и Coyty Castle в Уэльсе
David De la Bere was still in Wales at this time - he is recorded as having been attacked by the men of Henry, Earl of Lancaster - and was therefore the most likely builder of Weobley Castle. He died sometime during the mid 1300s, but his two sons appear to have predeceased him and he favoured his nephew, John, as his heir
значит, наши персонажи - это предки John de la Bere до середины 14 века и мы снова возвращаемся к Richard de la Bere (+1340) и его отцу Richard de la bere (+1320), памятники практически идентичны и созданы, вероятно, в одно время, но в некоторых деталях отражают разницу во времени между изображенными персонажами памятник с кольчужными поножами (P0529) (хотя и более коротким подолом, что характерно для более поздней датировк), датируемый в описаниях 1320-30, отнесем к Richard de la Bere (+1320) датируем 1340, а памятник с пластинчатыми поножами - Richard de la Bere (+1340)
возможно, памятник был создан после смерти изображенных персонажей около 1345-1350
возможно, изображены братья Richard (+1340) и David (1384 - дата смерти не установлена)
Richard De la Bere 1235-1320 and Sybil de Harley 1250-1305 daughter of William ap Thomas by Sibyl Herefordshire (?)
1. Richard d1340 m Margaret Gamage (Link)
2. Thomas - chaplain, Beauchamp chantry chapel Stoke sub Hamden Castle
3. David steward of Weobley Castle to the De Braose Lord of Gower m Ingan ...
4. Isabel m Thomas Grant
The Delabere's were Lords of the Manor since at least 1304 having married ladies of well established welsh border families.
Richard son of Simon Delabere (Gx3 grandson of Robert delabere a Breton who came over in 1066) by Sybil Pembridge acquired lands in Knelston, Gower, Oxfordshire & Thames Valley
They had certainly been Lords of the Manor of Stretford, near Leominster, since at least 1304, as illustrated by the beautiful old monuments in the parish church to Simon's son, Richard, and his wife, Sybil (De Harley) (c.1320) and their son, also Richard, and his wife, Margaret (Gamage) (c.1340).