Chantry Chapel built c 1442 to the order of Lady Elizabeth Blackett for masses to be said daily for the souls of her first husband Sir William Wilcote, their 2 sons and for herself. It is attributed to Richard Winchcombe who was in charge of the building of the Divinity School at Oxford in its early stages
Given the Manor of Headington by royal grant 1399. He wears the SS collar as does his wife as adherants of John of Gaunt (Lancaster)
William Wilcote of Wilcote, North Leigh (d. 1412) held office as Sheriff of Oxfordshire in 1399–1400. He received the Manor of Headington as well as the hundred of Bullingdon outside the Eastgate as a royal grant in 1399. He lived at Wilcote and frequently represented Oxford in Parliament from 1385 to 1410, becoming a member of the Court of Appeal in 1400, and held office as Sheriff of Oxfordshire. He died on 17 January 1412. It was around this time that the medieval manor house in Headington, known as Westcourte, was abandoned and began to fall into decay.
Her dress suggests the effigies were carved about the date of Sir Williams death in 1411. The hair is held in 2 cauls above the ears and a bourrelet with a meandering foliage pattern is set on top It has a large brooch at the centre front. .A ceremonial cloak is worn over a closely pleated gown with wide sleeves and high collar. The collar is too deep to be worn closed, although it retains its buttons as decoration. The undersleeves are the slightly old-fashioned "mittens". She has a high-set belt and a collar of SS as a follower of John of Gaunt (Lancaster)